Friday, February 6, 2009

Lunch break at 1:30AM

Praise the Lord for lunch breaks! It's been a busier night here in the ED than what this little hospital usually has, and I couldn't wait to get away for my lunch. I am learning more each day to enjoy being quiet. Just some time between me and God and where I can process my thoughts. God is in the stillness if you let Him speak to you...the quiet escaping of the world provides me with more rejuvenation to finish out my shift than anything else...including food and coffee!
I've been looking thru my pictures I have on my phone and I realize just how much I miss living by the beach. Who knew Norfolk and Virginia Beach were so beautiful? Absence certainly does make the heart grow fonder, in more than just human relationships! I'm ready to be out of Houston, but am waiting (trying to patiently!) on the Lord to sow me where I'm to go next. Doesnt have to be near the ocean which would of course be nice...I could live in North Dakota and be content if I knew that was where God wanted me.... and even realizing that statement I definitely did not used to be able to say! God is doing some incredible working in my heart, and although a good portion of it is painful to endure, I know the end result will be beautiful and completely worth it! Thank you God for your faithfulness to us even when we've been unfaithful!
Gotta head back into the ED...I hope everyone is dreamin sweetly...

No comments:

Post a Comment